Overall, who benefits from it? People suffered from or people making use of genocide as a crime?
In what case illegal measures regarding national, ethnic or religious group are treated as genocide.
In accordance with Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article II it is:
- Killings of people by different means
- Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
- Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in completely or in part;
- (d) Imposing measures on purpose to prevent births within the group;
- (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
Is genocide occurring from nowhere or it is organized and has some stages?
Undoubtedly genocides are the result of movements aimed at reaching some political or others goals. There are at least eight stages of genocide:
- People are divided into "us and them".
- Hating the symbols of group to be destroyed.
- One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects, or diseases
- Informational influence to military forces.
- Making opponents unable to call for help abroad.
- Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity
- It is 'extermination' to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human
- Trespassers, having killed people, are denying their crimes.
The brightest instances of genocides are those commitments:
- Herero and Namaqua Genocide In total, from 24,000 up to 100,000 Herero and 10,000 Nama died
- Armenian Genocide The total number of people killed as a result has been estimated at between 1 and 1.5 million
- The Holocaust 5.9 million
- World War II persecution of Serbs 320,000 and 340,000 ethnic Serb
- Rwandan Genocide ranged from 500,000–1,000,000
To sum we can say that, unfortunately, the facts of genocide are used as a means of informational manipulation. For example, the genocide of curds, created by Saddam Hussein was used as a pretence to start the war at all. So do not let the facts be interpreted in a wrong way.
Do you have other ideas about genocide? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.